Thursday, May 21, 2009

Time plays tricks.

Jake and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary yesterday.
We went to dinner at our favorite restaurant, Francesca's Fortunato-where we've gone for each anniversary previous.
Last year when we were seated, Jake couldn't wait to tell me what I know he'd been thinking about for a while.  He looked at me and said " I just wanted to let you know, that whenever you're ready, I want to start a family."  
I threw away my birth control that night.  
Its crazy to think an entire year has passed since then.
I almost feel as if I have been pregnant since that last anniversary - and time undoubtedly goes slower when you're expecting.  
We've gone through a lot this past year.  Love, loss, excitement and incredible pain.  
But although we've done more crying this year than ever before, I feel closer  and more in love with my husband than ever.  
I am so excited for him to finally be a father, and I know he is going to be the world's greatest.

1 comment:

  1. Jakie is going to be the world's best dad! Both of you will be w o n d e r f u l.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete