Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Remembrance

Today was the twins' due date.
I tried to keep occupied as much as possible and it helped to keep my mind off of things.
I found myself talking to the little Man-Cub about his brother and sister while driving (I've always thought it was one of each) and I tried to celebrate being pregnant.  Today his big belly kicks were really strong - and it really helped me grasp that THIS baby is the one I am going to raise.  
And I felt lucky.
I know I will never fully recover from this loss, but I am hopeful that I can move on.  
In some ways, finally reaching their due date has brought a sense of closure to this chapter in my life.  I feel a little bit at peace - though I still have an ache in my heart that I am unsure will ever fully go away.  


1 comment:

  1. I love you, Jen. And I love that little guy in there and those little ones up there.

    ReplyDelete