Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dressing the dresser

Jake has been working hard in the hot, humid 95° weather ALL day.  He is trying to get the dresser ready for Man-Cub's nursery:)  He found this thing at an Antique Store for way cheap.   But even with the savings,  I had to ask him if the dresser+stripper+steel wool+stain+the manual labor was worth it?
He seems to think it is.
More power to ya, buddy.

Here are some photos of the transformation.  
There is still a ways to go:

Naked dresser (sans drawers)

Naked drawers (sans dresser)
Jake stripping the stain and varnish off.

Side of dresser.
More stripping...

Drawers stripped with one coat of stain.

Another stripped and stained drawer.

This stuff is AMAZING.

A whole passel of drawers.
Uhmmm...drawers.

The top of the dresser is stained...

Lookin good!
I am going to be painting the knobs red shortly.  It is going to be so cute!  I can't wait to see it all put together.  
We have yet to make the shelves for my little bookcase, but they will be stained the same color.
We are also painting a little end table the same color red as the knobs.

Even though I only took photographs today, I feel like we accomplished something for the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment