I brought the boys to a little locally-owned bicycle shop today to get fitted for helmets. If Gray is going to be careening around on an honest to goodness big boy bike, then he needs the appropriate protective gear.
Bear needs a helmet while riding his tiny tricycle simply because he can't seem to be pushed without looking around wildly at me and falling off. With all of his existing cranial trauma, I can't bear the thought of any more damage.
Safety first, folks. Safety first.
The salesman spent a lot of time talking to us, and fitting the boys in the appropriate sized helmets. Graysen mewed the entire time, and I almost didn't notice until the man asked me if my child was meowing. I kinda laughed and said he did that when he was nervous. Gray meowed affirmatively.
I love to buy locally and I love supporting local business, but
after purchasing a $17 bike, there was no way in heck-fire I could
spend $65 on a bicycle helmet. Even though they were so awesome. So
awesome. And the man seemed amused by my meowing offspring.
I ended up getting two lame-brain helmets at Target. Bear's fits perfectly, but I have to take Graysen's back. It is far too big.
Maybe one day I'll be able to justify a $65 helmet, but not today. Today is not that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment