Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Super

Gray had a friend over this morning.
It was great.
I'm sure there will come a day when play dates require me suffering through a few hours with an intolerable parent, but fortunately, today was not that day. 
Today I had a friend over as well. 
Of course, my child thought he was a kitten the entire time, and I was my normal awkward self.  But all in all, it was great.
Bear even took a later nap than usual, because he was having so much fun playing with the big boys :)
After they left, I had to find some caffeine, so Gray and I high-tailed it over to Sbux.  As we were pulling in, I decided to pull a switcheroo and took Gray to Oberweis instead for an impromptu, mid afternoon treat.  He was delighted.
 On our way home, I saw a sign at the Play it Again Sports advertising 50% off children's bikes, so I pulled another switcheroo and swung in to check things out.
As luck would have it, they had a small red bike just the right size for my little man.  With a few adjustments to the seat to accommodate his super long legs, he was off.  They let him take it for a test-drive in the parking lot, and he did great!  I was sold. 
I bought the bike, a steal at only $17, and packed it in my trunk to take home.
When we got home, I brought Gray around to the back of the car.  I opened the trunk, and his mouth falls open.  He croaked out "Wow, Mama.  It's SUPER!  It's so SUPER!"
I died a little.
Super isn't a word we use around here.  So he must have heard it on his show "Kipper".  But that's exactly how he felt.
Super.
He rode his bike all over the driveway, and then after dinner we rode to the park. He did so great.

Today was super.

No comments:

Post a Comment