I am a generally well-informed person when it comes to my pregnancy.
BUT she acts as if she needs to dumb things down for me - and I resent that.
Today she checked me and, after noting I have made no progression, says she's giving me an end-point.
So I reminded her that she told me that I could have at least week after my due-date to go into labor on my own, barring any unforseen complications.
And she tells me she changed her mind.
Uhhh, no - she's trying to cover her ass. And I TOLD previously her I did NOT want to be induced.
She said she was concerned about my BP. I had ONE day of slightly elevated BP and from then on its been totally fine.
But she said she refuses to wait until it IS a problem.
Then I asked her how she routinely did inductions - and she said we'd talk about it later. I told her I needed to know now and she said she'd hook me up to IVs with medicine in it.
Uhh, yeah, so that would be PITOCIN? She looked at me like I was a freaking rocket scientist!!
I also casually mentioned that yesterday I had my first bout of 'painful' contractions - about 5 minutes apart for an hour. They then spread out and went away completely. She tells me "Well, those were just cramps".
Right.
Because how could I know the difference between cramps and my uterus contracting?
I don't want to have to start trying useless little tricks to get him to come out! He'll come out when he's ready! I'm only just over 38 weeks for Gosh's sake!
Stand firm and hold your ground!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, you have every right to be pissed off with her. OBs sometimes forget that the women they are treating are THE MOTHERS. The ones carrying the babies and all that. The ones most in tune with their own bodies. Remember, she can't force you to do anything you don't want to, including induction. ESPECIALLY induction.
What's amazing is that most first time moms go past their due dates anyway. So what's the big rush? You're right--he'll come out when he's ready.
Hang in there. I hope you don't get any more flak from her.
Thanks, Christine. I am so irritated right now - SHE is the one that is going to make my blood pressure an issue!!
ReplyDeleteWow, I don't like the sound of your OB ONE BIT!
ReplyDelete