Not as though the Man-Cub has been gestating for a year
- but I got pregnant again so quickly after losing the twins
there was hardly any downtime between the 2 pregnancies.
Not that that's not what I wanted.
I wanted, I felt that I needed to be pregnant again so desperately.
Now its September again, the month I found out I was pregnant.
As of Wednesday, it will have been a full year since I got my first positive pregnancy test.
I don't even know why I tested then.
I wasn't even late. We weren't trying.
I just felt 'off'.
Then I spent the next several weeks shuffling between blissfully in love and full panic mode.
We were going to be parents.
And as we soon found out:
we were going to be parents of twins.
I can't even begin to describe how I felt.
At first everything seemed great!
Twins!!
Then for no reason whatsoever, I just knew something was wrong.
There were no tell-tale signs of loss - but I knew. And everyone reassured me that I was being hyper-sensitive.
But I was right.
They were gone.
On October 31st I had to walk into the hospital to undergo the most traumatic moment of my life.
I was having my babies removed.
My babies, and the hopes and dreams I had for them.
That morning I took a bath, I kissed my fingertips and pressed them to my belly.
I was as close as I could ever be to them at that moment - and shortly after that they were gone.
I remember waking up from the anesthesia crying "They're gone!"
I couldn't be soothed, and went into a full-on panic attack.
My babies were gone.
I don't even know what they did with them.
I can't remember most of the next few days,
except that my sister took care of my every need.
I felt as though I would never heal.
And in some ways, I haven't.
When I got pregnant again, I sat back and it was as if I had the thought "Now what?"
I couldn't relax,
I couldn't get attached,
I could only take one day at a time.
I celebrated every milestone.
And dreaded the thought of not reaching the following one.
I think the first time I breathed a little easier was when I finally reached the twins' due date.
I think I finally was able to accept that I would never hold them. And that THIS baby, was the baby I was going to be able to raise.
I don't really know where this post came from...
I intended to write about natural labor induction methods.
Jen, we will always love the twins and remember the happiness they brough us, if only for a short while. And we can't wait to meet and love ( I almost forgot and wrote his name)... as well.
ReplyDelete