Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Bundle of Nerves

After thinking about it all week and all weekend, I called my OB's office this morning and asked to change my NST to an induction.

I decided if I only have one week past my due date (which would be this Tuesday) I may as well ensure that I have the OB that I want there and make it for a time that would work well for my sister. And Monday looks like the best day for that.
I'm sure he would have wanted to keep me after my NST to be induced anyhow - so I am just getting the party started a little earlier//in hopes that I will deliver on Monday while my OB is still the one on-call. Should I start later in the afternoon I am afraid I wouldn't deliver until Tuesday and I would have an OB I prefer less.

I feel a little sorry that I am resigning myself to being induced - but on the other hand, I don't feel comfortable going against my OB's advice and declining an induction.
I'm sorry, because I really wanted that moment of realizing it was time to go to the hospital and all the excitement that goes with it. This whole scheduling of his birth feels so manufactured and nerve-wracking! But in the end, as long as he and I are healthy thats all that matters.

So, it looks as if tomorrow morning I will be heading to the hospital and within a day or two we'll be coming home with our son!
This is very surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment