I saw a different doctor, because my usual was out of town.
He agreed that being induced, at this point, is medically unnecessary and that I could safely go up to a week past my due-date as long as there are no indications of anything compromising mine or the baby's safety.
I felt a lot more comfortable with him - and without being prompted, he explained things to me a lot more thoroughly and didn't just assume I didn't need to know.
He also went through the files from my past appointments and filled me in on issues/noteworthy items that my usual doctor either glazed over or excluded entirely.
For example, I have Group B Strep - which was never mentioned to me - and I should have been made aware of.
In the end, I felt so much more comfortable with him, and cancelled my appointment for next week with my usual doctor and rescheduled to have him.
If -God forbid - I still need to be induced, I will do so with him as my OB.
I feel good about this decision :)
No comments:
Post a Comment