Tuesday, December 29, 2009

First Christmas

We had a wonderful first Christmas with Graysen.  It was hectic and chaotic, but it was great to spend so much time around the people we love and who love us.

Christmas Eve morning we had our little family's 'Christmas'.  Graysen got Daddy a mug with a photo of the two of them on in and it said I LOVE You, Daddy -love Graysen.  Its super cute.
Gray got a Jumper and he LOVES it!  I can't wait until he can really bounce in it.  Right now he just sort of stands there, and wobbles - but its super cute.  I'm sure he'll love it soon:)
Photobucket

Christmas Eve(ning) we went to Graysen's Great Uncle Jon and Leanne's for dinner.  He slept through most of it :)

Photobucket
Photobucket


Uncle Jon read a short article from the NY Times, and it brought tears to my eyes as I remembered the two angels looking down on us from Heaven.  They would have been 7 months old and enjoying their first Christmas.  But as my tears fell, I turned to look at the beautiful little boy sitting behind me on his father's lap - and felt peace.  
Things are as they should be.  And although I still feel the pain of their death, I rejoice in the life that was given to us.  


Photobucket


Christmas morning we overslept by about an hour and had to rush off to Jake's parent's house for Breakfast.  Once we were there Graysen had a poo'splosion - luckily I had an extra tshirt for him!
But everything was so great once we were settled in, and even though I told everyone not to go nuts - they did anyways.  Gray is a very loved, very spoiled little man :)


Photobucket
Photobucket


Christmas evening we traveled from Ottawa to Lemont for Christmas dinner with my Mom's family.  Gray was exhausted by this time, and I spent a lot of time cuddling with him up in my Aunt's guest room. Which I didn't mind, because I needed a break too!
By this time it was a snow storm outside and we decided to stay put.  We ended up staying with my parents for 2 nights - until the snow settled down and we made our way home.  
All in all, it was a busy Christmas and I don't know if we'll be as adventurous next year.  But I couldn't have asked for better company to spend it with!
Merry Christmas Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment