Looks as if life got in the way and I stopped updating this thing.
So here are things in a nutshell:
Gray is just a few days shy of 19 months and approximately 16 weeks shy of meeting his new baby brother!
This little boy is completely delightful in every sense of the word. He is sweet and loving and snuggly... 85% of the time. The rest of the time, he is out of his mind with energy and enthusiasm for EVERYTHING. Especially things outside. Gray would probably live in a tent at the park if we'd let him (and if he could bring a TV so he could watch his movie "Cars").
His favorite things to say are "Ooooh, wow!" "Ohh, man!" "Lookitt dat" and "Awwwww". I hope he keeps this sense of wonder he has about everything. He is constantly amazed by the world around him. His amazement helps me appreciate the little things; the sticks and twigs, bugs, throwing woodchips - and as of today - finally figuring out how to use the harmonica.
Graysen is still topping the charts, weighing in at 30lbs even, and measures 35 3/4" tall. He recently started walking at about 17 1/2 months -- his late start was a blessing because as they say, once they walk you'll wish they were back to crawling! He wears all 2T clothes and size 6-7 shoes.
I think he confuses the older children because they all expect him to be able to talk, and play like they do, simply because he is nearly as big as they are!
But, soon enough he'll be swinging from those monkey bars and scaring me half to death;)
As for me, I am nearly 24 weeks pregnant with our second son. It is exhausting keeping up with this very active toddler, but I somehow manage to stay on my feet until he is put into bed. Then, I usually collapse into my own bed (with a bowl of ice cream) and pass out. Sometimes the dishes and laundry get done, and other days they don't. At the end of the day, I'd rather know that I spend my moments reading books, pushing my son on his bike, practicing my scariest monster noises and sliding down slides than worrying about whether or not my home was "show-ready". Did I mention that we're in the process of trying to sell our house?
Lunacy.
That's about all I have for now. The boy is asleep, my bed looks comfy, and I am pretty sure I have at least one more bowl of Edy's Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream in my freezer.
I love this. Welcome back to the blogging world.
ReplyDeleteDid I inspire you? Love the update. Gray is so fabulous. Calvin kind of reminds me of him.
ReplyDelete