Graysen is growing like a weed - or to put it in terms I am more familiar with ( because gardening has never been my strong suit) - Graysen is growing like a puppy! Whenever I get a foster puppy they're so little and cute and within just a few short weeks they are completely different animals!
Graysen is a completely.different.animal.
I have started putting him down for naps in his crib instead of letting him sleep in his bouncer or on my lap. He is doing really well. He even slept in his crib the past 2 nights. The first night he slept for about 4 hours and then woke up to nurse and I brought him into our room for the rest of the night. Last night he slept for almost 6 hours in his crib before he woke up to nurse, and I put him back to sleep in his crib. When he woke up again at 7:30 I brought him to bed with me, because I was not ready to be awake for the day.
He didn't nap well in there today, but hopefully we'll have another good night tonight. He is sleeping in his crib now - I have the video monitor on and I am compulsively checking the screen to make sure he is breathing.
When does that obsession/compulsion stop? I think I have separation anxiety. I don't think he could care less - but I really like having him with me.
And I am loving this whole 'mom gig'.
Oh my goodness. . . we check the video monitor all the time too to make sure Caden is breathing! Best invention ever and best baby item ever! I'm glad I'm not alone-maybe it has something to do with losing a child/children that makes us compulsive mamas. I think Gray is going to be like his Uncle Dave-a football player! Caden looks like a peanut compared to Gray-he's still in newborn diapers-maybe I should be concerned-he's only weighing in at 9.5 lbs! Hmmmmmm
ReplyDeleteWow! Gray is already in size 2 diapers!!!
ReplyDelete